Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Welcome to Bracketville--Bracket Ready Edition

My story and I’m sticking to it: This year I relied more on my eye test rather than voluminous stats (not that they ever did me any
good). This was out of necessity, as my favorite site for info shut down.
So, I indulged myself by going with my heart, rather than my head in more than a few match-ups.
Numbers Game: This is the first time that every team in field has as least four losses…and only Kansas and Arkansas-Little Rock have four defeats…all others have more.
Bottom line: The #1 seeds combined for a record 23 losses.
Setting the bar: For the first time since 2009, no #1 seed has fewer than four losses.
Endless blather: I have no respect for Seth Greenberg, and it’s wonderful that we will not have to listen to him pontificating about accomplished coaches at tournament time. Remember, this fool, while at Virginia Tech, could never figure out the proper scheduling philosophy to land on the correct side of the bubble.
Idle thought: Trump University missed the Tournament.
TV Time Out: No Clark Kellogg doing games…hooray and hallelujah. Len Elmore, Bill Raftery, Grant Hill, Steve Lappas, Mike Gminski, Verne Lundquist and Jim Spanarkel will be behind the mike for your listening pleasure.
Long time gone: Oregon won the first NCAA Championship in 1939, and has not been in the Final Four since then.
One more thing: Duke’s Coach K is .711 in the ACC regular season, .713 in ACC Tournament play and .772 in NCAA Tournament play.

Congratulations!!! You made it to the end. Now, finish your bracket and send it my way.


No comments: