Saturday, March 17, 2012

Welcome to Bracketville---The Round of 32 Begins Edition

It was fast and furious yesterday.

Chuck was a genius with a 12-4 day and Jay is atop the leader board as we head into the round of 32 amid many a busted bracket.

Some great match-ups today.

I think Colorado/Baylor will be very entertaining.

Murray State/Marquette should be electric.

Vandy/Wisconsin---Wisconsin cannot score; Vandy can. Should be fun.

The Zags vs. OSU will be a real contrast in styles. Appointment TV.

It will be interesting to see how Iowa State does against Kentucky.

Lots to look forward to.

I love the State Farm commercial with Coach Knight.

Ditto for the Buick Verano “tour bus” TV spot.

Not so fast: For me, there is a positive on having a demolished bracket. I can now cheer for who I like, not who I picked. So go Gators, Marquette, Vandy, Kansas, Gonzaga and UK.

One more thing: Duke’s loss to Lehigh was a microcosm of the season. Lehigh exposed every weakness in Duke’s game. Ryan Kelly may have made a difference, but thems the breaks.

It was a good call to hold him out, as his health is the most important consideration.

During the ACC Tournament, Miles Plumlee had a profound evaluation of this team, “They do as little as possible to win.” That about says it all.

With no recruits of note in the classes of ’12, ’13 and ’14 I wouldn’t look for improvement in the near term.

Double click on the Leader Board to enlarge it---and do check my math.








No comments: