Monday, February 15, 2010

"I, Sniper" by Stephen Hunter

Stephen Hunter’s “I, Sniper” exceeds the high expectations I expect of Mr. Hunter’s novels, especially those in the Bob Lee Swagger series.

It is suspenseful, informative, entertaining, fast-paced and contains just the right touch of dry humor.

“I, Sniper” is a first-class, complex thriller featuring Vietnam sniper Bob Lee (“Bob the Nailer”) Swagger.

After four 60’s activists are murdered by sniper fire in three separate incidents, the authorities are convinced the culprit is the Vietnam sniper with the most confirmed kills. The evidence does not pass Bob Lee Swagger’s smell test…and the game’s afoot.

The sniper culture is depicted accurately and compellingly with precise, vivid characters and firearms info.

It grabs your attention immediately and never lets you go with a creative and inspired setup.

Took me just two sessions to complete.

This is not a PC book…any novel that portrays the New York Times in a callous manner gets high marks from me.

Just spectacular.

No comments: