Friday, March 25, 2005

And then there were twelve.

With Oklahoma State eliminated the left side of my bracket is 100% wiped out.
Losing in the last few seconds makes it impossible for me to be depressed about my pick. It was a truly exciting ending.
Give Arizona credit...the stepped up and took it. We all know Lute Olsen is a great coach and that Salim Stoudemire is a star...but Channing Frye is no Forest Gump.
The matchup with Illinois should be interesting, but I still think Oklahoma State was the team that could handle Illinois. Arizona will have their hands full. Never have I seen a team pass as well and as often as Illinois.
Louisville appears to be on a mission. I thought Washington would be the first number one seed to fall...I just thought that Georgia Tech would be the team giving Illinois its second L of the season.
It will be entertaining Saturday to see if the Cinderella West Virginia team can keep up the magic Vs Pitino and company.
West Virginia certainly acquitted themselves well against Texas Tech in a real battle.
Tonite will be a real treat here in Durham area with Duke, UNC and NCSU all playing...and all games on the tube.
CBS is allowing the local Fox affiliate to carry Duke while the CBS station airs the NCSU game.
And, when you are the market of a participant you get the entire game uninterrupted...no cutaways...great stuff.
And, you get the radio play by play. The radio audio runs about seven seconds ahead of the action on the tube. It is neat when you know who to focus on moving without the ball as you get ready for the predetermined outcome. Tonite, I just hope I get to watch of J.J. Redick making many a three.
Go Duke!

No comments: